This membership Agreement (the Agreement) is between CCHEA, herein after referred to as “Community”, accessed via cchea-ms.com with the business address of P.O. Box 3222, Gulfport, Mississippi 39505, and all current and future members of CCHEA hereinafter referred to as “Member”.
By accessing, browsing or using the cchea-ms.com website or by selecting I Accept during the registration, you are representing that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Membership Agreement hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”.
- Purpose of Agreement
The Member desires to utilize the Community services for the purpose of maintaining a presence within the Community. The Community will provide services according to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement.
Membership is not a long-term contract. This agreement is annual and will need to be renewed annually.
- Nature of Service
The Community is a social group facilitating the exchange of information between people. The Community provides to its members benefits such as but not exclusive access to community activities, content, interaction and communication within the Community.
- User Registration and Information
Member shall fill in the correct information requested in the User Registration form on the site. Member shall be required to promptly update the User Information on the site. Member shall select a username and password during the User Registration process. Member shall be responsible for: (a) all use of the Site made by Members username and password, and (b) maintaining the confidentiality of the Members username and password.
Member agrees to pay an annual fee specified by Community at the time of registration/ renewal for the purpose of joining their Community website. The Community reserves the right to suspend or discontinue service for Member who has not paid annual fees after the first meeting of the current school year.
The Community retains the right to terminate the service of any client who infringes or violates any terms of service listed here.
Each party has the right to terminate the Agreement. Upon termination of this agreement for any reason, each party shall be released from all obligations and liabilities to the other occurring or arising after the date of termination.
The Content includes messages and other materials posted to forums, groups, or other locations on the Site by the members of the Community, Member of the Community is deemed to grant the Community the nonexclusive right to post, display, copy, and modify the content in connection with the operation of the Site and the Communities business.
Both the Member and the Community agree to protect the information and rights each Member has in regards to the website and the content. The Member agrees not to give access to any third party.
Community shall not sell or rent Members personal information to third parties. The community shall store and process Members information on computers located in the United States that are protected by physical as well as technological security devices. However, the Community shall be permitted to access and modify Members information.
- Limited Warranty and Liability
The Community provides Member access to Community content ‘as is’ without warranties. The community is not liable for any network, hardware, or software failures. If Member is dissatisfied with the service, the Member can cancel the service with written notification to the Community. The Community will not refund the service fees for any prepaid months. Other than the foregoing, no warranties, including without limitation: (i) any warranties as to the availabilities, accuracy, or content of information, products, or services, and (ii) any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Member Obligations
The Member agrees to use the Community site as defined by this agreement. The Member recognizes the Communities need to uphold and operate within the parameters of the law and Web site standards set forth in this agreement. The Member, therefore, agrees to the following:
- All content uploaded by the Member is the property of the Member, or the Member has obtained official permission from the content’s rightful owner to display the content. This ‘content’ includes, but is not limited to: copyrights, trademarks, patents, graphics, photos, logos, intellectual property, written articles, or text of any kind that was taken from a third-party source.
- The Member will adhere to all Federal, State, and Local laws concerning the collection and dissemination of personal information taken from users through the Community website.
- Will not use Community website to send unsolicited emails, otherwise known as spamming.
- Will not post any content that is considered illegal under the law.
- Will not post any content that can be considered obscene, profane, libelous, or racist in nature.
- Will not post any content that is pornographic.
- Will not post any programs of files that are protected by copyrights against duplication.
- Will not post any programs that are malicious in nature, i.e. virus, worm, etc...
- Governing Law
This Agreement shall be constructed under and governed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the state of Mississippi. Furthermore, Member agrees that the Community shall in no way be liable or held legally accountable for the content of Member’s materials or information stored on or transmitted from Members computers. If in the option of the Community that Member’s materials or information that violates federal or state law, said materials may be removed and/or membership revoked without warning.
The member shall indemnify and hold Community (and its managing members, directors, and agents) harmless from any claim or demand, including attorney’s fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of Members breach of this Agreement, or Members violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
This Agreement is the sole and entire Agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all:
- Understandings, agreements, and documentation relating to such subject matter. Community reserves the right to make amendments to this agreement at its sole discretion.
- If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court to competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will continue in full force without being impaired or invalidated in any way.
- This Agreement does not create any agency or partnership relationship.
Effective July 15, 2017